Monday, July 15, 2013

Seeking Alpha: Bank Of The Ozarks Growing Gangbusters, But Not At All Cheap

For as long as I've followed Arkansas's Bank of the Ozarks (OZRK) (which is quite a few years now), I've been very impressed with this company's aggressive but extremely focused strategy. While it's true that having a loan book tilted heavily towards commercial real estate (CRE) and construction lending is risky, it's sort of like walking a high-wire - it's risky, but the risk doesn't matter if you don't fall off, and Bank of the Ozarks has a system in place that has kept the falls to a minimum.

As much as I like this bank, it rarely gets very cheap and this is not one of those times. I had hoped that investors might misread this second quarter earnings report and sell the shares, but it appears that that's not happening. In any case, while I wouldn't sell these shares if I owned them, I need at least a 10% pullback before I could be enticed to think about buying.

Please follow this link for more:
Bank Of The Ozarks Growing Gangbusters, But Not At All Cheap

No comments: