Monday, September 30, 2013

Seeking Alpha: Achillion Is Burnt Toast

At this point, I'll be quite happy to never hear or read the word "Achillion" again, as my former positive calls on Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) just keep looking worse and worse. With the company's post-Friday close clinical update, it's very difficult to argue that there's enough value left in this name to bother with it even further. I have no doubt that there will be a "never say die" contingent that wants to stick with this name, and I suppose I can't completely rule out the possibility that the next drug combo will work, but the combination of weak data, questionable reporting of that data, and the emerging competitive landscape just makes it too hard to look at this name even as a serious dumpster-diving candidate.

Please follow the link to continue:
Achillion Is Burnt Toast

No comments: