Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Seeking Alpha: Eastman Chemical's Taminco Deals Looks Solid

I had been bullish on Taminco (NYSE:TAM) for a little while, seeing it as an undervalued specialty chemical company with a strong foundation in functional amines, specialty amines, and crop chemicals. Eastman Chemical (NYSE:EMN) apparently shared my feelings, as the company announced an acquisition last Thursday at the $26 fair value I indicated in my last piece.

While there is a 30-day "go shop" period for Taminco, I'm not counting on a rival bidder to emerge (though Taminco is a relatively rare quality asset), and I look for Taminco to further Eastman's decade-long transition toward a specialty chemical focus. The immediate upside for Eastman looks relatively modest (around 5%), but I wouldn't underestimate the added diversity, specialty markets, and synergy potential that Taminco will bring with it.

Continue reading here:
Eastman Chemical's Taminco Deal Looks Solid

No comments: