Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Seeking Alpha: Is Roche At Risk Of Losing Its Way?

By just about any reasonable standard, Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY) is an exceptional pharmaceutical and diagnostics company. Through internal efforts and acquisitions large and small (particularly Genentech), Roche has become one of the largest players in oncology, with particular strength in biologics. That strength has in turn led to double-digit free cash flow growth over the past decade and solid recent share price performance.

As a shareholder, though, I'm starting to get a little concerned by some of the changes at and around Roche. I might be making mountains out of mole hills, but I also remember what a mentor told me when I joined the buy-side in my mid-20's, "Your job now is to be a professional worrier; it's the things you don't worry about and check out that will bite you in the ". With that in mind, while I see a lot of positives at Roche that merit ongoing ownership, the direction of the firm does leave me more willing to consider selling the shares.

Continue reading here:
Is Roche At Risk Of Losing Its Way?

No comments: