Sunday, July 22, 2018

Alfa Laval Flexing Its Late-Cycle Muscles

I liked Sweden’s Alfa Laval (OTCPK:ALFVY) (ALFA.ST) earlier this year as a late-cycle play on stronger Marine and Energy orders, as well as decent prospects for ongoing growth in the Food/Water business. Much of that has come to pass, and the shares are now about 20% higher than they were at the time of that last article. Alfa Laval has since logged two very strong quarters, and those hoped-for improvements in the company’s three main business lines have materialized with stronger revenue, orders, and margins.

With the strong move in Alfa Laval’s share price, not to mention some growing concerns about how much is left in this current industrial upswing, I believe these shares have moved from good idea to okay idea. The implied long-term return is still in the high-single digits, which isn’t bad, and I won’t be too surprised if the company has at least one more better-than-expected quarter up its sleeve. Still, I wouldn’t push my luck too far, even though I regard this as a well-managed operator in some attractive businesses.

Read more here:
Alfa Laval Flexing Its Late-Cycle Muscles

No comments: