Thursday, June 20, 2013

Investopedia: Relief At Red Hat, But The Long-Term Growth Debate Will Rage On

I realize that Rule 36 of the internet says that you cannot challenge or question a stock in any fashion without being “secretly short”, but I think it's worth asking some questions about Red Hat (NYSE:RHT). On one hand, I do like the cash flow that this business produces, and I do believe that there are real opportunities for the company in middleware, data center, and cloud. On the other hand, the trend in billings and margins makes me wonder if this company is already transitioning out of its growth phase. Accordingly, while I wouldn't bet against this stock with my own money, it's hard for me to scoot this name up my watch list to a point where I'd seriously consider buying it with my own money.

Continue reading here:
http://www.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/062013/relief-red-hat-longterm-growth-debate-will-rage-rht-ibm-orcl-vmw-msft.aspx

No comments: