Sunday, April 19, 2015

Seeking Alpha: LTE Penetration And Restricted Competition Should Benefit SK Telecom

It's increasingly difficult for telecom service operators in mature markets to post exciting top line growth, but that's not to say that SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) doesn't have something to offer investors. I don't believe that South Korea's leading mobile services provider is likely to grow revenue at a long-term rate much above 3%, but I do think ongoing conversions of subscribers to LTE will support ARPU and margins. I likewise believe that the Korean government's willingness to hold the line on a law limiting subsidies will ultimately be good for margins for the industry.

SK Telecom doesn't appear radically undervalued to me today, but I wouldn't expect such a large and well-followed stock to trade at a wide discount. That said, I do believe the shares ought to trade closer to $30, and that the aforementioned boosts to ARPU and margins will wind up in shareholders' pockets in the form of higher dividends.

Continue here to the full article:
LTE Penetration And Restricted Competition Should Benefit SK Telecom

No comments: