Thursday, April 9, 2015

Seeking Alpha: Rofin-Sinar Making Progress, But Not Particularly Quickly Or Dramatically

I suppose you could approach Rofin-Sinar Technologies' (NASDAQ:RSTI) performance over the last year as something of a Rorschach test. A bear can point to the company's ongoing lackluster sales performance, bottoming margins, and lack of progress in really challenging IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) in the growing fiber laser market. A bull could argue that the company has stabilized its revenue situation (and that currency moves make the comps worse than they really are), put in a bottom with margins, and can look to new product introductions in fiber and ultrafast lasers to help drive better results in the coming quarters.

For my part, my feelings haven't changed all that much since I last wrote on the shares. I do think that the market is still undervaluing the company's long-term growth prospects, but I don't think the undervaluation is all that great. I'm also concerned that it has taken this long for Rofin-Sinar to really get moving in fiber lasers and that the company is stuck as a legacy producer in an industry with a lot of R&D/product feature competition on the high end and growing price competition on the low end.

Follow this link for the full article:
Rofin-Sinar Making Progress, But Not Particularly Quickly Or Dramatically

No comments: