Monday, June 1, 2015

Seeking Alpha: Broadcom - Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now?

Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) shareholders have generally given more thought to the risk that management would resume its acquisitive ways and fritter away value than the notion that Broadcom itself would be an M&A target. Considering that Broadcom is the fifth-largest publicly-traded chip company and the founders own sizable stakes, I don't believe a takeover was really on the radar as a probable event.

Now that's all moot. I had speculated that Avago (NASDAQ:AVGO) would return to M&A soon, but I hadn't expected a bid for Broadcom. That's what has happened, though, and so now it is time for this Broadcom shareholder to start figuring out if it is time to cash in what has been a good call/investment, or whether the combined entity has enough promise to merit taking and holding the shares of the new Avago.

Read the full article here:
Broadcom - Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now?

No comments: