Sunday, February 28, 2016

Seeking Alpha: Oshkosh In A Value/Value Trap Puzzle

Oshkosh (NYSE:OSK) is a frustrating company/stock for me in many respects. The valuation on the shares and the potential of a better-run business keeps it on my watch list, but I continue to be concerned about what I see as an overlooked erosion in the company's core Access Equipment business. Winning the JLTV contract should bring in a long run of profits and cash flow, but the benefits won't kick in for a while.

Oshkosh remains what it has long been to me - a potentially undervalued stock attached to an underperforming company. I can see how Oshkosh shares should trade above $40, but I simply don't have confidence in the business at this point and I have real questions about the prospects for long-term valuation creation.

Read more here:
Oshkosh In A Value/Value Trap Puzzle

No comments: