Thursday, February 11, 2016

Seeking Alpha: W.R. Berkley Continues To Navigate Tricky Waters

I can't say that I feel like I've missed out on much since thinking W.R. Berkley (NYSE:WRB) didn't look like a terrific bargain back in May of 2015. While the shares did rise close to 20% from that article at one point on takeover speculation, the net movement of 3% is more in keeping with what I'd expected given the challenging conditions in the commercial P&C market and W.R. Berkley's already-healthy valuation.

My basic sentiment on W.R. Berkley today is "same as it ever was." The company has done a very good job of finding growth in a challenging market, helped by niche/specialty market focus, good underwriting, and its investment portfolio. I still believe that W.R. Berkley can generate good earnings growth over the next five years, but the stock looks like it is already priced for that sort of performance.

Follow the link to continue:
W.R. Berkley Continues To Navigate Tricky Waters

No comments: