Sunday, December 9, 2018

ArcelorMittal Has Continued To Skid On Cycle And Capital Allocation Worries

Some of the best spreads in recent memory haven’t been much help to the steel sector over the past year, and now it looks like the cycle is meaningfully slowing down. With steel prices declining around the globe, apparent demand softening, and growing worries about expanding capacity, coupled with shrinking spreads and sell-side forecasts for declining EBITDA, it doesn’t look like a particularly healthy set-up for ArcelorMittal (MT).

I wasn’t bullish on ArcelorMittal back in September, even though the shares “looked cheap” by multiple metrics, and the shares have fallen nearly another 30% since then. I still can’t really bring myself to want to own these shares myself, even though once again the valuation seems harsh by most metrics I can evaluate.

Read the full article here:
ArcelorMittal Has Continued To Skid On Cycle And Capital Allocation Worries

No comments: