Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Seeking Alpha: VeriFone's New Management Says The Right Things, But Execution Is Key

Say what you like about sell-side research, it can at least tell you which way the wind is blowing about a particular stock. When it comes to VeriFone (PAY), analysts seem eager to forgive-and-forget and buy into the story of a strong turnaround in the making. Given how the stock has been performing, I'd say that investors are taking a similar viewpoint.

I still have my doubts. I like the hire the company made for the CEO position, and I've liked what I've heard from him so far in terms of strategy, but two troubling facts remain. First, mobile payment options are changing the electronic payments world. Second, Ingenico (OTCPK:INGIY) as capitalized on VeriFone's missteps to gain share, and has no plans to let up. I've substantially upgraded my growth expectations in light of the new CEO, but even with that I don't see these shares as a must-own on a GARP basis.

Please continue here:
VeriFone's New Management Says The Right Things, But Execution Is Key

No comments: