Wednesday, May 8, 2019

ING: Steady And Underappreciated, Or Boring And Underwhelming?

The best I can say about ING Groep (ING) and its performance over the past eight months or so is that the shares have at least beaten its European peers … albeit only by a few percentage points and the shares are still down over that time period. For better or worse, the story remains the same – steady execution, but uninspiring growth in a low-rate environment where credit costs probably can’t get much better.

There are certainly areas where ING could look to improve, including fee income, but I think the company’s credit and capital position are healthy, and while I don’t expect ING to be a scintillating growth name, I think its underlying growth potential is still undervalued by the market. I’ve cut back my growth expectations on a weaker overall outlook for Europe and the banking cycle, but if 3% to 4% long-term core growth is still a credible target, these shares should trade in the mid-to-high teens.

Click here for more:
ING: Steady And Underappreciated, Or Boring And Underwhelming?

No comments: