Wednesday, May 15, 2019

With Apple No Longer An Overhang, Dialog Needs To Build Its Future Business

I thought Dialog (OTCPK:DLGNF) (DLGS.XE) was undervalued back in January on ongoing uncertainty over the company’s relationship with Apple (AAPL) in power management chips and what the future of Dialog would look like. Since then, the shares have shot up about 50% as investors have come to a more rational set of expectations regarding the ongoing contributions of sub-PMIC sales to Apple and emerging opportunities in connectivity and charger products.

I do like Dialog’s emerging portfolio in low-power connectivity, a key enabling technology for IoT, and I like the amount of capital management has on hand to deploy toward more business-building deals. Management has been disciplined here so far, and I hope that will continue. Now, though, the shares are valued much more like any other semiconductor company, and while I don’t think the valuation is inflated, I also don’t see a big discount to underlying fair value.

Continue here:
With Apple No Longer An Overhang, Dialog Needs To Build Its Future Business

No comments: