Friday, May 10, 2019

ITT Overlooked And Undervalued As A Late-Cycle Play

I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate to call a stock followed by over a dozen sell-side analysts and widely-owned by institutions "overlooked", but I don't get the sense that ITT (ITT) is as widely-known among investors as it should be. And, that's a shame. ITT isn't perfect, but I like this diversified industrial's philosophy of adopting best practices irrespective of their source, not to mention broad late-cycle exposure and a strong growth auto business.

Below the mid-$60s, I think ITT is undervalued. While there is some asbestos liability here, I believe it is well-covered, and the company has the dry powder available to make select acquisitions to build out its operations further. I believe the perception of the auto business has already corrected, and ITT's short-cycle industrial exposure is moderate, and so I believe this is a good time and place to consider this name.

Click here to continue:
ITT Overlooked And Undervalued As A Late-Cycle Play

No comments: